Car Hire Belfast
Car Hire Belfast International Airport: A guide to Belfast
Belfast International Airport:
Belfast International airport is situated just over 11 miles outside of Belfast City Centre in Northern Ireland. The village of Aldergrove is very close by and locals may still refer to the airport by its former name of Aldergrove Airport. The airport is the busiest airport in Northern Ireland with its top three busiest routes to and from the airport being, Palma, Malaga and Alicante all based in Spain. This conveniently located airport is the ideal place to collect your hire car from and begin your visit to Belfast and the surrounding areas.
Airlines and popular destinations:
Gran Canaria, Dalaman, Ibiza, Lanzarote and Rhodes
Orlando, Cancun and Bodrum.
Amsterdam, Alicante, Faro, Glasgow, Liverpool, London-Luton and Malaga.
The airport is easily reached and exited by car using the M2 motorway and there are a selection of long and short stay car parks on the site itself or one within easy walking distance of the airport terminal building.
The City of Belfast:
Belfast is Northern Ireland’s capital, a port city and home to the famous Titanic. The city has been renovated to include modern dockyards, including housing the Titanic Belfast Museum. Belfast has an array of historic landmarks and a fantastic choice of visitor attractions. Here are a few suggestions:
- The Titanic Belfast has previously been named one of Europe’s best visitor attractions and is one not to be missed. You’ll delight in the modern, interactive exhibition.
- Belfast Zoo is one of the oldest attractions in Belfast and includes Asian Elephants, Californian Sea lions, apes and Sumatran tigers.
- For stunning views and wonderful architecture visit one of the highest points in Belfast at the Belfast Castle Estate and Cave Hill Visitor Centre.
- Belfast City Hall is one of the city’s most iconic buildings located in Donegall Square in the heart of Belfast City Centre.
- The Ulster museum tells the stories of Ireland’s past up to the present day and is home to an impressive selection of art and historical exhibits.