Car Hire Gatwick Airport
Car Hire Gatwick Airport: A guide to Gatwick and London
Gatwick Airport is a busy international airport, also known as London Gatwick. It is situated in Crawley and 29.5 miles south of Central London. The airport is easily accessed by the road from a motorway spur at junction 9A of the M23. The airport is the ideal location to hire a car from as the M23 motorway then connects with London’s M25, providing an accessible gateway to exploring both central London and the surrounding areas.
BA and Easyjet dominate most of the flights to and from this airport, but Thomson Airways, Monarch Airlines and Thomas Cook can also be found. Gatwick airport is made up of a North and South terminal. Below are some of the popular destinations from each terminal:
North terminal: South terminal:
Palma de Mallorca Hong Kong
The city of London:
The city of London is a visitor mecca, attracting visitors from the world over. It is a cultural hotspot full of museums, galleries, cafes and restaurants. With so much to see and do it is hard to know where to begin, however these top visitor attractions will be a good starting point:
- Take in the views of the city of London in the iconic observation wheel of The London Eye.
- Home to the Crown Jewels is the historic tower of London.
- St Paul’s Cathedral is a historic gothic church with gardens to persuse.
- The Natural History Museum is great for families who would like to get hands on with history.
- The home of the British Queen: Buckingham Palace is a must for first time visitors to London.
- Marvel at the famous faces found at Madame Tussauds, the wondeful wax work museum.
Although Gatwick is best known for its Airport, it is also a convenient base for exploring the South East of the UK. Make the most of your hire car with a drive to the neighbouring cities of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire or Surrey.
Just a short drive from the airport is the amazing Chessington World of Adventures, one for all the family!