Car Hire Glasgow
Car Hire Glasgow Airport: A guide to Glasgow
Glasgow airport is a busy international airport, located just 6 miles from Glasgow City Centre. Glasgow itself is a lively city bursting with culture and arts, not forgetting its many tourist attractions, cafes and restaurants. With such a convenient location the airport is the ideal place to hire a car from and begin your exploration of this wonderful city.
The airport has three piers. The West pier is used for international destinations, the Central pier for domestic destinations and the East pier for low cost airlines such as EasyJet and Loganair as well as flights to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Airlines and popular destinations:
Alicante, Dubai, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote
Alicante, Barbados, Faro, Geneva, Ibiza and Malaga
London-Gatwick, London-Heathrow, and Salzburg
Amsterdam, Bristol, Faro, Jersey, Milan and Paris.
The City of Glasgow:
Visitors are attracted to Glasgow for its Victorian and art nouveau architecture and its rich history as a trading port. Today the city is a trendy, cultural hub and hosts the Scottish Ballet, Scottish Opera and many acclaimed museums, not forgetting a credible music scene. There really is so much to see and do in Glasgow it is hard to know where to begin. The following are some suggestions of top visitor attractions:
- The Glasgow Science Centre is great for families and those wanting to get hands on with science.
- To escape the busy city, try the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. Here you will find a range of beautiful tropical plants in a glasshouse setting.
- The Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery is Scotland’s Oldest Museum.
- Music lovers will enjoy the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
- Take a walk along the Clyde River, famous for its ship building industry and witness some of the most famous ships in the world.
- Indulge and enjoy a splendid afternoon tea at The Willow Tearooms.
- Glasgow is a shopping paradise and the St. Enoch Centre is centrally located and a haven for the style conscious.
Make the most of your hire car with a day trip to the Falls of Clyde Wildlife Reserve in New Lanark. Just a short drive, but well worth a visit for its serene woodlands and superb falls.