Car Hire Heathrow Airport
Car Hire Heathrow Airport: A guide to Heathrow and London
Heathrow airport is a major international airport and the busiest in the UK. It is situated in Hillingdon, just 12 miles west of central London. This convenient location makes it the idea base for exploring London and the surrounding areas. A car can be hired directly from the airport, allowing you to begin your onward journey at a pace that suits you.
The terminals and the associated airlines:
(Closed in June 2015)
This is the newest terminal. Airlines operating from here include: Star Alliance, Aer Lingus, Germanwings and Icelandair.
Emirates and Qantas operate regular flights using the superjumbo Airbus A380.
Terminal 4 is connected to the other terminals via the Heathrow Cargo Tunnel. Regular flights take place with Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways and Malaysia Airways. The terminal also accommodates the A380.
British Airways and its partner company Iberia have exclusive use of this terminal. A motorway spur links the M25 at junctions 14 and 15 to the terminal. There is also a 3,800-space multi storey car park.
Popular destinations/arrivals from the terminals:
- Los Angeles
- Los Angeles
- New York (JFK)
- Mexico City
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- St Petersburg
The city of London:
Heathrow is easily accessed by the nearby M4 motorway or A4 road, making it the perfect destination to collect your hire car and begin exploring the city of London. Whilst in London why not take in some of its most famous sights:
- The London Eye: an iconic observation wheel taking in the views of the city.
- Visit the historic tower of London, home to the Crown Jewels.
- St Paul’s cathedral is a splendid gothic church with gardens to explore.
- The natural history museum is great for families wishing to get hands on with history.
- Visit the home of the British Queen and delight in the breath taking Buckingham Palace.
- Young and old alike will enjoy spotting famous faces at Madame Tussauds, the famous wax work museum
It is also possible to make the most of your hire car with a visit to the many attractions found in the surrounding areas. Here are a few suggestions:
- Ascot is the famed racecourse located approximately 25 miles west of London.
- The city of Oxford is home to the UK’s oldest university.
- Windsor Castle is a stunning example of the oldest castle in the world.