Car Hire Liverpool Airport
Car Hire Liverpool International Airport: A guide to Liverpool
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is situated on the estuary of the River Mersey, just 6.5 miles south east of the city centre of Liverpool. The airport is named after the famous musician John Lennon, a member of The Beatles. The airport is a busy, international airport serving the North West of England and handling flights from destinations across Europe and North Africa. It is possible to collect your hire car directly from the airport, making it a convenient place to start your visit to Liverpool and the surrounding areas.
Airlines and popular destinations:
Amsterdam, Alicante, Faro, Geneva, Larnaca and Malaga, Paris and Madrid
Alicante, Barcelona, Dublin, Malta, Pisa and Tenerife.
Budapest, Riga and Warsaw-Chopin
The airport can be accessed from the South via the M53 and M56 motorways using the A533 and Runcorn Bridge. If you are coming from the North it is accessible on the M57 and M62 motorways using the Knowsley Expressway.
The City of Liverpool:
The city of Liverpool is a busy, metropolitan City in North West England. The city is culturally diverse with an extensive collection of museums and galleries, art centres and tourist attractions. Below are some must-see visitor attractions:
- The Museum of Liverpool is devoted to the city’s past and an exciting modern new building.
- A great way to take in the sights of the city is with a Mersey Ferry, where you can go on a 50-minute river trip, appreciating the stunning waterfront at its best.
- Albert Dock is a top attraction containing museums, galleries and a selection of restaurants and bars.
- Fans from around the world are excited by the thought of a visit to Liverpool Football Club. The world famous stadium can be visited and followed by a meal in the Boot Room Sports Café.
- The Liverpool Cathedral is a truly spectacular building and the Tower Tour provides amazing views of the city.