Car Hire Newcastle Airport
Car Hire Newcastle Airport: A guide to Newcastle
Newcastle International Airport is situated close to the Woolsington area of Newcastle upon Tyne, just 5 miles from the city centre of Newcastle. The airport serves the city of Newcastle and the greater Tyneside area, in addition to Northumberland and Wearside. The airport’s convenient location makes it the perfect place to collect your hire car from and begin your journey to Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
Airlines and popular destinations:
Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Rhodes and Larnaca
Corfu, Paphos, Dalaman, and Santorini
Amsterdam, Alicante, Bristol, Faro, Jersey, Belfast and Geneva.
The airport is easily accessible from the city centre and is connected by the A1 trunk road and the A696 dual carriageway. A hire car is a convenient way to enter the city centre direct from the airport.
The City of Newcastle:
Newcastle is a spectacular city on the North bank of the River Tyne. Visitors are attracted to its vibrant, cultural scene, splendid riverscape scenery and cosmopolitan feel. There are an array of award wining dining establishments, in addition to great shopping and acclaimed architecture. With so much to see and do, here are some suggestions as to the top visitor attractions:
- Wonder at the classical architecture of Grey Street and Grainger Town.
- Visit the iconic Tyne Bridge, linking Newcastle and Gateshead. It’s a popular attraction and a symbol of Tyneside’s pride at their industrial history.
- The Centre for Life is great for families wishing to get hands on and interactive with science.
- Football fans will surely not want to miss the opportunity to visit the world famous St James’ Park, home to Newcastle United’s Football team.
- Discover the lives of people from Newcastle at the Discovery Museum.
Why not make the most of your hire car with a visit to Hadrian’s Wall?
The A69 and B6318 roads will follow the course along the wall all the way from Newcastle upon Tyne to Carlisle. The wall can also be followed along by foot and is a popular tourist attraction; it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.