Car Hire Stansted Airport
Car Hire Stansted Airport: A guide to Stansted and London
Stansted Airport is a large, international airport situated in Stansted in the district of Uttlesford in Essex. It is found just 30 miles northeast of Central London and under a mile from the Hertfordshire border, making it the ideal place to collect a hire car and begin exploring London and the surrounding areas.
Stansted airport is a hub for a number of low cost European airlines and is the largest base for Ryanair. Easyjet, Thompson Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines alo operate from the airport. The airport also handles some private jets and manages some state visits. Popular destinations to and from the airport include: Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ibiza and Alicante to name just a few.
M11 motorway connects Stansted to both northeast London and Cambridge. A120 connects Stansted to Braintree, Colchester and Harwich. Stansted airport is the ideal base for exploring the southeast and more specifically London as it is only 37 miles to central London by road.
The City of London:
The city of London is a bustling, vibrant city attracting visitors from all over the world. It is a cultural hub full of museums, galleries, cafes and restaurants. Exploring the city from the luxury of your own hire car will ensure you see all the main attractions.
- Wonder at the views of the city of London from the iconic observation wheel in The London Eye.
- The keeper of the Crown Jewels is the historic tower of London.
- St Paul’s Cathedral is a celebrated and decadent gothic church with gardens to delight.
- The Natural History Museum is great for visiting families who would like to get hands on and active with history.
- Home to the British Queen: Buckingham Palace is a must for anyone visiting London.
- Be amazed at the famous faces found at Madame Tussauds, the wonderful and unusual wax work museum
Although Stansted is best known for its Airport, it is also a convenient base for exploring the South East of the UK. Get the most out of your hire car with a drive to the beautiful Norfolk broads and East Anglia.